ROLE OF DOVVSU IN THE GHANA POLICE SERVICE
- Seeks to protect the rights of victims of abuse, against all forms of abuse;
- Provides advice on crime prevention to members of the public;
- Arrest and prosecute where necessary;
- Handles offences involving juveniles;
- Establish an effective database for crime detection, prevention and prosecution;
- Collaborate with NGOs and Civil Society;
- Share information with all stakeholders
- Collaborate with organizations that may be able to offer assistance to victims in need of assistance (shelter, medical, legal etc.);
- Collaborate with other organizations that may be able to offer specialized help i.e. referrals (medical, clinical psychologist, DSW, FIDA, Legal Aid, Counselors WISE etc).
- Investigate all cases of Domestic Violence and Child Abuse.